Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Spring is coming!

I've worked on Ziggy several times over the Winter but not near as much as I had hoped. Before starting on the paneling I tested the wiring to the rear tail lights and realized that when I put the outer metal back on I hit the taillight wiring with a staple. Dang it, I felt stupid. I remember being very careful and leaving a space between staples to ensure that I didn't hit the wire I knew was going around that corner... Pretty sure that I when I was very tired from working on the framework and securing the outer metal I went back to make sure there were no gaps in my work. I probably saw a space between staples and threw a staple into it without considering why I had intentionally left the gap, doh. Since I was rewiring the taillights, I went ahead and added a terminal block at the floor where the wires come into the trailer, from there I rewired the entire back end. Boy are those LEDs bright! They look great too!

Now back to the paneling. I now have the entire back end rewired and repaneled, save for a 10 inch strip of the ceiling. I ran out of juice and didn't want to make any more stupid mistakes. :-)

Since I had rewired all of the back lights I went ahead and rewired the front clearance lights and the interior 12 Volt line. I added a terminal block to the front end where those wires come into the trailer. This will provide me with the ability to add a 12 volt outlet should I decide to later without having to pull out any paneling.

I have my new water tank! I'm working on the hand pump. I have the insides of it replaced, now I have to pick up some gasket material to seal it back together and reinstall it. I have my new fill port but I still need to pick up all of the tubing for the fill, outlet, drain and vent.

Once I have all of the plumbing done I  will be ready to work on the front paneling, then I'll be onto the furniture. Actually, I could work on the back gaucho once I have that last strip of ceiling paneling in. Which is good if I need to order anything and wait for it to come in.

Terminal block half-way through installation

No comments:

Post a Comment