Monday, June 13, 2016

Plumbing

My intentions for getting the plumbing all done yesterday were dashed when I realized my new replacement water fill cap requires a larger fill hose than I thought. I had originally purchased a new style fill cap but it was going to require me to cut a larger hole for the cap. So instead of using that cap I decided to take the loss and purchase a new one of the same style as the original I was replacing. I believed I had everything I needed to redo all the plumbing in one work session... I was wrong. I actually blistered my hand trying to pry and twist the new fill hose onto the cap. Finally, with the new cap in-hand I went into town to find new hose that would fit better. The listing for the fill cap didn't include the necessary hose size so I assumed it took the same size as the original, 1 1/4" which is also the inlet fitting size on my tank. Nope, 1 1/4" ID was too small,  1 1/2" ID was too big and the 1 3/8" ID was too small and the thick walls wouldn't let it be manipulated onto the cap. What a pain and 2 hours of wasted time. I ended going home and taking a heat gun to the fill hose I had and was able, with gloves on and hubby's help, to manipulate it onto the cap.

Funny how those little tasks can take up your time so quickly.

I also spent a couple hours working around all of the windows and baggage door flattening all of the screw holes. I think I'll use something in each hole to refill it so I have something for the new screws to grab. I'm pretty sure the windows were removed in the past to reseal them so I'm unsure how much wood is left in the holes...now to find what product will work best.

I had been planning on a light tan color for the interior but I found a mis-tinted gallon of egg shell at Ace for $10.00 and couldn't pass it up. I think it will brighten up the inside and look awesome with the curtains. I also found a high heat header paint in aluminum color for the furnace face. I think that will look really good and I can use it for the outside vent as well. Should look really nice.

Hopefully, I'll have a little time to get out to work on Ziggy this week and get that plumbing wrapped up. It SHOULD go pretty smoothly now that I have the fill cap, fill hose and drain installed.

I keep procrastinating the furniture builds but I'm running out of other tasks and will have to bite that bullet and get it started soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment