Monday, August 7, 2017

Successful Maiden Voyage!!

Ziggy made her maiden voyage to our family reunion over the weekend. She towed like a dream. I was super proud as we pulled through a small town and were followed by a police car and didn't get pulled over. I figured that was the ultimate approval and meant that my tail lights were still working and hadn't wiggle loose in the 100 miles we'd driven! When we got to the campground I was quickly reminded why I had wanted a small trailer, she responds so well! She was super easy to swing right in exactly where I wanted her! My Dad greeted us with a trailer warming gift, a new outdoor rug. I'm glad we had chosen this weekend for our first trip out, having a lot of family around proved a smart choice as we did need a little assistance as we were setting up. First thing was that my extension cord didn't have the correct end so I borrowed an adapter and extension cord from my brother-in-law. Then when I hooked up my hose and turned on the campsite faucet, water sprayed everywhere. We unhooked and remembered that I had intended to replace the gasket that was crumbling. Since I had 2 fresh water hoses with us hubby took the gasket from one and put it in the trailers connection and voila, water worked perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment