Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Work Session- 6

I got to do some work on Ziggy this weekend. I pulled the back outside metal off! This exposes the back corner needing replaced and adds confidence that the flooring is still pretty solid even in the back. I will definitely be soaking the crap out of it with CPES to restore the strength since most of the back wall will be supported at least in part by the subfloor. It is much less overwhelming to think about taking on the rebuild now that the part I feared most (taking off the exterior metal) is started. Of course I 'll have to do the same on the front (once the back is rebuilt) but I am so much more confident about it now that I've started on the back. The window removal went super easy and makes me much less nervous about putting it back in. I'll also be replacing the frame around the small outside access door. It apparently was not sealed very well, but that should be a pretty minor fix.

I have also removed all of the outside trailer lights and will be replacing them. The original lenses although very cool and original are almost opaque from age. I will be looking for something similar and hope to find something round rather than plain rectangular lenses.

Be sure to check out the pictures of the back metal gone!! Pretty exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment