Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Work Session- 8

Hubby helped me test the propane. We lit the stove, all 3 burners work!! The gas lantern works as well!! We weren't able to get the oven or furnace to work but I also didn't have the instructions for either with me while we were testing so I will read up on those before we try again. The stove working though tells us that the lines are good at least!!



I also started the rebuild!! The foundation of the back wall as well as the side walls near the back were completely rotted to dust, they have now been replaced. They were all originally 1x2s but the back is now a 1x6 to give the back wall the additional support. I couldn't make the sides any bigger than a 1x2 because of the small access door frame size. I used liquid nails, screws and staples it is super stout now.

No comments:

Post a Comment