Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Work Session- 7

Ziggy is getting stronger!

I doused the back end of the trailer in CPES*, the floors and all framework were soaked. I used a weed sprayer to get thorough coverage. That stuff is AMAZING. I used a lacquer thinner to clean the weed sprayer and hope it was enough to keep it from clogging...otherwise I'll be headed back to Harbor Freight for another weed sprayer for the front of the trailer when I get to that part. I let the trailer sit for almost a week to be sure the CPES cured completely. It is rock solid!!




*I purchased the CPES (Clear Penetrating Epoxy Sealer) from The Rot Doctor. It is typically used on old boats but can be used for anything. I had done quite a bit of research and decided that this product was exactly what I was looking for. It gives me confidence that the floor will hold it's strength even though it had been wet in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment