Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Doors and Drawers

Got a good layer of KILLZ on the doors and drawers!! 





This stuff is awesome, the entire trailer had an "old" smell to it when I first got it and the smell lingered even after I demoed and rebuilt much of the inside. I can say that having the windows out and coating the entire interior of the trailer with Killz has completely eliminated any old smells. Ziggy will have a "new trailer smell" when she's complete which makes me very happy!

Upholstery lady (Amie) came out and got the cushions over the weekend to get started on the covers for them!! I am super excited to see how they turn out!

I've also removed every bit of j rail and the awning rail to clean and straighten. I was going to leave the back-top and the awning rail but while I was buffing I realized that the old putty tape was getting pretty dry and chunks were missing. I now have a few more piece to take care of  but I'd rather remove, clean, straighten and replace with new putty tape and add a couple days work to the trailer than have a leak in old trim and have it ruin all my work on the inside. How depressing would that be?

I'll be working the next couple days on those extra couple pieces of trim and any other little things I can do in the evenings after work. Littlest has a basketball tournament over the weekend so I won't have time for working on the trailer. Hopefully I can have things buttoned up so I can pull Ziggy out of the garage and paint the interior next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment