Thursday, July 6, 2017

July 2017

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. We certainly did! been pretty busy getting things done on Ziggy too! In the last couple weeks I've
  • Finished up all of the trim/ moulding and caulked all of the seams.
  • Dry fit the windows and trimmed the openings accordingly. 
  • Cleaned all of the aluminum window trim. I hadn't realized how dirty it had gotten of the past few years sitting around in the garage waiting to be reinstalled. They are now ready to be installed once I get the interior painted.
  • Cleaned and buffed most of the back of the trailer
  • Started work on cleaning the j-rail. I had to clean off all of the old putty tape and remove all of the old nasty aluminum sealer that was slopped all over it. The only thing I've found to remove that crap is brake cleaner. Unfortunately that stuff is hard on the hands. I know this from when I cleaned all of the windows. I use brake cleaner to get off the old sealer then mag cleaner (also hard on the hands) for a nice shine. They are turning out pretty good for the shape they were in. I have most of them clean but it's been too hot lately to do too much in the garage so last night I set to straightening the cleaned pieces of j rail with vice grip clamps. They are really looking good now!


Waiting for the upholstery lady to have time to come out take measurements for the cushion covers before I paint. I don't want her to have to work around wet paint. Once she's comes out I'll get the interior painted and start getting things put back together. My to do list is dwindling!

Finish cleaning and straightening j-rail
Finish buffing exterior of trailer
Install J-rail
Clean and install cargo door
Clean and install lower rock guard
Paint interior
Install interior hardware
Install window trim
Install windows
Clean and install window rock guard
Install curtains
Pack bearings
New tires









No comments:

Post a Comment