Monday, July 24, 2017

Progress, progress and more progress!!

Ziggy is finally painted inside! It was super hot over the weekend so painting her interior was grueling but it looks AMAZING! Thanks to hubby for his help and encouragement when I was in tears because I was having issues with the spray gun, it wasn't spraying right and was leaving huge runs everywhere. I thought I was going to have to go back and sand them down and start over. We finally decided to just roll it. That decision was made none too soon as we were able to roll out all of the runs and clean them up. I spent Sunday doing all of the corners and trim with a tiny roller and brush. It looks so crisp and clean!



Chris' accomplishment list might be a little longer than mine. Besides spending Saturday helping me paint the interior, on Sunday he used the grinder and cleaned up the back bumper then painted it, removed the wheels, pulled the bearings, masked the exterior furnace vent, and started wire brushing the under side for rust reformer. All while I worked on painting the interior, when I was done painting I worked some on the underside as well. I DO NOT like doing that, in fact it is probably my least favorite part of this restoration.

 
 
 
 

Today I will get the new bearings and spend the evening painting doors and drawers.

No comments:

Post a Comment