Thursday, September 4, 2014

Trailer Factoids

Trailer Factoids
This should be an ever expanding list as
I learn and discover more about my little trailer

  • It is a 1966 Kit Companion Model 1500
  • It has water damage- but not as much as we originally thought!
  • The hippy neighbor purchased it in 1977 ( I have both the bill of sale and the title to prove it) for a trip to California with his lady.
  • Said hippy neighbor lived in and out of the trailer for about 7 years
  • The trailer sat empty and unused (other than as he described it "as a depository for junk") for 20 years
  • The trailer was given to me. I refuse to call it a "free" trailer as I do intent to put some money into to the restore/refurbish/remodel... whatever you call it.
  • We inflated the tires to bring it home. One tire remains inflated while the other tire was flat by the next morning. (I must say it was pretty cool watching it rise from 20 years of pine needles as the tires were inflating- much like a phoenix from the ashes)
  • The electrical lights work
  • It has the original hand water pump
  • It also has the original propane lantern, and stove (the propane lines have yet to be tested as the tank was removed because it was outdated)
  • All glass is intact and all window and vent crank mechanisms are operational
  • Burner grates are accounted for!

No comments:

Post a Comment