Friday, September 5, 2014

Work Session 1-


 I have yet to decide on a name for her, I've also not yet decided whether this will be a restoration or a remodel...

Keep in mind that because I knew this trailer had sat outside, unused in the Inland Northwest for over 20 years I had very little expectations for the condition of the inner structure. With a trailer this old I don't care what you do to protect it from the elements it will get wet, and wet it is.  I started pulling paneling off the back wall and most of it just fell apart in my hands. I removed the back reading lamp but the screws are so rusted on the bracket that for now I'll leave it alone until I devise a plan for removing those old screws.



Middle and Little helped by removing the cork boards that were double-stick taped to almost every cupboard door in the trailer, then set to work pulling up the loose floor tiles.

I removed the bottom back bed and the bunk which gives me more access to the entire back wall and side panels.



After a discussion with hubby the consensus is to replace all of the paneling, even those pieces that appear to be good. This will give us the opportunity to assess the condition of all areas of the structure.




The floor feels solid, it actually "gives" less than our tent trailer's, so for now it stays.



The Previous Owner (PO) had stuffed insulation in the 2 front side- windows between the windows and screens. I couldn't figure out how I was going to get it out....then a stroke of genius! It dawned on me that all I had to do was crank the windows open and pull it out from the outside, duh... what a dork. I have a feeling I'll have a lot of these moments throughout this project.






On day one we removed;
  • Both back beds
  • Cork boards
  • Paneling from the entire back wall
  • Back reading lamp
  • Insulation from windows!!
Random items found;
  • Package of old carbon paper
  • Akaido Book
  • Lifestyles condom- still in wrapper, thank god!
  • Personal lubricant packet
  • Swim fins- so heavy they'd drown an average adult
  • 4 empty one- gallon water jugs
  • 3 ton hydraulic jack
  • Rope hoist
  • Letter to previous owner from a vitamin company assuring him of the deal he was getting on steroids... (A hippy on steroids?)...huh.
  • 2 old-school side mirrors that will NOT be installed on my H3.


No comments:

Post a Comment