Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Work Session 4-

Hubby got me a Dremmel for my birthday! I cut the final pieces of paneling out of the back sidewalls. While I was removing the paneling I decided to also remove the cupboard front that doubles as the lower bed support wall. I am thinking of ideas for additional support to the bed when it is extended. I will likely be putting the cupboard front back in place but want to explore all options.

The back area is now stripped and cleaned. The next task will be removing the far support, replacing it, and adding additional supports where we feel necessary. I will then treat ALL exposed interior lumber with CPES. This will not only restore the integrity of the structure but also reduce the potential of future rot. After that the plan is to start removing the paneling and assessing damage to the front of the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment